I believe I was far more terrified than Carter when it came time to pull out his tooth. As a matter a fact, he had been asking me to pull it for several days. I just kept telling him it wasn't ready, but the real truth is...I wasn't ready. Anybody who knows me knows I have a pretty weak stomach when it comes to these things, and I can't count on my husband because he is even worse than me. If he even sees blood he passes out.
However, I couldn't avoid it any longer when Carter bit into a carrot and started yelling that his tooth had "broke off." Sure enough it was just barely hanging there. For some reason I felt that it may still be strongly attached. I knew if I didn't get it out on the first pull, Carter might not let me try again. So with sweaty palms, and a shaking hand, I jerked that tooth out like I was pulling a deep rooted weed. It came out so easily I almost fell backwards. I immediately started laughing/crying and when I finally looked at Carter he said, "Mom, are you alright?" Sure enough, my 6 year old was comforting me. Wow, I really am a baby. I hope teeth pulling will get easier with more practice.

He was so brave and was beaming from ear to ear when it was out. I can't believe we loosing those cute little baby teeth.
However, I couldn't avoid it any longer when Carter bit into a carrot and started yelling that his tooth had "broke off." Sure enough it was just barely hanging there. For some reason I felt that it may still be strongly attached. I knew if I didn't get it out on the first pull, Carter might not let me try again. So with sweaty palms, and a shaking hand, I jerked that tooth out like I was pulling a deep rooted weed. It came out so easily I almost fell backwards. I immediately started laughing/crying and when I finally looked at Carter he said, "Mom, are you alright?" Sure enough, my 6 year old was comforting me. Wow, I really am a baby. I hope teeth pulling will get easier with more practice.

He was so brave and was beaming from ear to ear when it was out. I can't believe we loosing those cute little baby teeth.
1 comment:
you are such a whimp.lol. That is hillarious and I am totally going to tease you.
Post a Comment