Friday, July 17, 2009

What a month!!!

This month started off great with the greatest holiday EVER! This is my favorite day of the year. Nobody throws a party quite like Malad ID on the 4th! I unfortunately don't have alot of pictures because Harley and I played softball most of the day. So whenever we had a spare minute to go do something else I kept forgetting my camera.

It started off at the parade and then down to the park for softball. The boys ran in the races (forgot my camera). Carter did awesome! However during Mason's race the announcer kept talking so much that Mason kept false starting. Harley was trying to hold him back so by the time they actually said "go" Mason was mad and wouldn't run.
This was a blow up water slide they had at the park and Carter kept bugging me all day to play on it but I couldn't find time with all the games (I love softball but that was on downer about the whole thing) so finally in between games we ran over and he got a chance to go on it. He loved it! Carter also did this jumping contraption thing (sorry, I don't know the name of it) but it's like a bungy cord that bounces you up and down and high (especially for a 4 year old) Again no pictures of that. There are some on Harleys phone so if I figure how to get it off the phone I'll post it.






Carter also did this jumping contraption thing (sorry, I don't know the name of it) but it's like a bungy cord that bounces you up and down and high (especially for a 4 year old) Again no pictures of that. There are some on Harleys phone so if I figure how to get it off the phone I'll post it.
It ended with an awesome firwork show!


Next we were off to Bear Lake!!
We went camping for a few days to Bear Lake with some of our friends. We had really been looking forward to this trip. Carter would not stop bugging me about when we were going camping. Never tell a 4 year old you are going to go do something fun until about the day before.





The kids love riding the boat.

We rode the boat (thanks Tyrell) across the lake to eat at our favorite shake shop.





Carter, Hallee, Kyler, Talon, Trey



Holli, Jamie, Brook, Lindsey, Kristen


I just had to post this. We had a great time but there was an interesting, slightly unnerving moment. Harley (he'll never admit to it) locked the keys in the truck. Harley was threatening to just break the window. Luckily Brad and Tyrell came to the rescue and the three of them along with the help of a clothes hanger got it unlocked. Thanks guys, you saved us from having to replace a car window.


Lagoon!!
My awesome Grandma Napier took us to Lagoon. We took Carter last year and he cried and wouldn't ride any rides, so I was a little worried about this time. However he loved it and rode every ride. Mason even loved it. But I think it helped having a big brother to go with or else he might have chickened out. Thanks Grandma.







Yes, it has been a very busy, but very fun month for us. And the best part... it isn't even over.

2 comments:

Tori said...

Looks so fun Holli! Cute pictures!

Harward Family said...

Your family is so cute. It looks like you have been having a busy but fun filled summer. Those are the best kind I think.