
I was at one of Harley's games, and they didn't have enough players, so I filled in. I was just in street clothes with only flip flops on my feet. It was my turn to bat and I hit the ball to right field. Why the outfielder felt he still needed to throw the ball to first base is beyond me, but he did anyway. In that moment, it felt like time stood still. I was watching this softball come right at me and I FROZE! I kept telling myself to move but I just couldn't. The ball flew right at my toe and thus, what you see above. I actually didn't take this picture until a couple days after it happened, so it looks alot better than it originally was. You don't realize how much you use your toes until you injure one. I couldn't walk very good for a few weeks. Nor could I put anything on it, including a bandaid. I slept with my feet outside the blanket, which for me was miserable because my feet would freeze at night. It was quite the experience. Moral of the story: Don't go to any kind of game without a back up pair of shoes!!!
2 comments:
OUCH!!! That looks like it hurt!
Oh my goodness Holli....ouch! The things we do for the love of the game! Hope it heals quickly!
Post a Comment