Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A vacation tradition

It's official. I would say this Bear Lake trip has become a tradition and I don't see it going away any time soon. We look forward to it every year. Great friends, beautiful weather, beach and water...ya it's pretty much perfect! I just wish we could live there all summer long! This year we were able to reserve a camp spot that had a lot of grass, a pavilion, and room for all our camp trailers! I was worried the water would be too high this year and we would have no beach but that wasn't the case at all. The water was high enough that it came right up to our camp spot, but left just enough beach for the kids to play. We didn't have to haul up lunches and toys each day and drive 300 yards down to the beach! We could watch the kids play right from our camp spot and they could come and go as they pleased. It was PERFECT!!! We spent every day swimming, playing volleyball, and eating yummy food.


Ethan, Mason, Hallee, Talon, Teagan

Carter and Kyler

Jaime, Jillene, Kristen, me

Mason and Kyler

My handsome boys and I

Harley, Carter, Brad, Ethan, Tyson, and I'm certain Mason is asleep on that bed somewhere.
We did have a couple evenings that it rained on us, so thank goodness for modern technology: a camp spot with electricity and a computer that plays movies. Gotta love technology!

We of course didn't survive without an injury. Carter had a bike crash that ripped his toenail and quite a bit of skin off! This shot was taken after we got home a couple days later. It looked quite a bit worse than this. As a matter of fact, his toenail was ripped from the bottom up and I could tell that the skin around the toe was coming up with it. It actually looked like the tip of his toenail was about to come off. It was still connected and I didn't want to try to do minor surgery to remove it in the wilderness so I bandaged it the best I could and left it until we came home. Upon returning and removing the bandage, I found a toe that was white as can be and the tip just sort of hanging on by a flap of skin. I was so freaked out, I called a neighbor who thank goodness is a doctor. I ran Carter over and he removed the nail and the skin for me. He said it could have been stitched if we would have gotten to it right after it happened but after removing the skin it didn't look nearly as bad as it did when it was still attached. I must say that Carter was a champ from start to finish. He never complained that it hurt the whole time we were in Bear Lake and then again at home when our neighbor removed the nail. Pretty tough kid!

2 comments:

SF GIANTS FAN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SF GIANTS FAN said...

FYI. Just to let you know babe camping (aka playing homeless) is not a vacation.

Your lovely husband